Tuesday 3 November 2009

Tasmania, so Beautiful

(How green your gardens are... is it some kind of blasphemy, do you think, to co-opt the tune of a slightly known number by Samuel A Ward...?

Tasmania is lovely, all green rolling hills, amazing mountains and fantastic gardens:



Does anybody know what these are? They grow into a bush, all purple & blue, like a big blueberry in the garden.


This somewhat large tree was in the Churchyard at Deloraine, with a rather interesting bunch of cast-iron frames around the graves...






We made some new friends:






And yes, the liver-coloured lovely is peeing. Talk about timing...





And we saw some beautiful flowers, and the occasional insect!











And we spent time looking at this (my personal favourite):



Oh yes, and there was craft:



And while I was away, these arrived:

Modern Boy's Quilt Set, Mixed Designer, 1/2 Yard Set, 6 Total

Kokka and Monaluna 1/2 Yard Set, Blue/Green, Baby Boy, 4 Total

Ah, joy. Holidays and fabric. Bliss.

2 comments:

  1. I have no idea what that flower is, but I have snagged the picture and will ask around my rellies in Taz and see what we come up with ! I have a cousin who is a mad gardener but he isn't on e-mail (too old to learn HA) so I will have to print it out and send it to him, if he doesn't know I'm sure he will find out for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. CEONOTHUS...CHECK IT OUT THROUGH THIS LINK WITH GARDENING AUSTRALIA

    http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1866610.htm

    ReplyDelete

Hello, it's nice to see you! Thanks for dropping in to say "Hi"!