Sunday 6 November 2011

I've figured it out!

What happens is that I can only write blog posts in the study, on the big laptop.  I can't write them in bed, on the lounge, sitting in the sun or anywhere else on the small laptop, because the keyboard is too small, and the words don't come out right.  So... I can only write blog posts when I can sit down, uninterrupted by life, the universe and Mr Golightly, and use the laptop in our dedicated study room.  This room started its life as our bedroom, when we first bought the house, but it has since lost about 1.5 metres off its width to the hall, and is the perfect size for a study.  Along with several hundred books, a couple of thousand dvds/cds and a large pile of miscellaneous junk, artistically arranged across several shelves, that is.  Ghod help us if the archeologists ever get in here.


Anyway, I digress. The point of that useless little story is to confess why I don't post more regularly, such as every Sunday night, when I'm slumped on the lounge watching crap on TV, thinking "I could be writing a blog post about now".  It's because this machine is too heavy to sit on my lap, and so I would have to leave behind Mr Golightly's excellent company, the warmth of the fire (yes, Gentle Readers, even in November it's been cold enough to have the fire on) and the noise of whatever is numbing our minds at the moment... and so I don't.


However, I have been sewing today, and so have snuck in here to put pictures of my work into the shop, and the lightbulb went on!  Aha!  Quick, get a post written before you get dragged out of here & into the slothly pit that is the living room.


Here's the pouches:



Beautiful lining by Robert Kaufman, called 'Tea Time', and nice thick Japanese linen for the outside.  I appliqued the small teapot on the front for the finishing touch:


And the other one, in one of my favourites, the shot red linen:


Lined with some beautiful Momo Wonderland, now sadly out of print & very precious!


I hope Mrs Pudding likes these - they are for the children's Teachers, so if you're one of them, stop reading 5 minutes ago.

In other news, the chair progresses, slowly... I have coconut fibre-d, 


Stitched all that down neatly:



Learnt how to do a stitched edge (from the Child Minder, no less!)


and added half a basket of flock to the top of the chair - and my sinuses kindly waited until yesterday before playing up.  I look a bit panda-like today, dark rings round the eyes, but I feel much better than yesterday, when (once again), I didn't get out of bed until 3.00pm, but this time it was just the woolly head, not exhaustion.

But, here is the chair!


This week, calico, and much, much, much thumping with a mallet.  Pray for me to your gods, Gentle Readers, for I fear the return of the Tennis Elbow.

In other news, I've discovered Words with Friends, and I now have five games on the go at once.  It's keeping my brain going, that's for sure, and I just spent the huge sum of $1.33 on Doodlefit, which I'm going to go & play right now!

Ciao!





3 comments:

  1. I have that teapot fabric!!!! In that exact colourway. Snap!

    Have you looked at the laptop mini tables at Ikea? They have ones that will sit in front of your sofa and allow you to have the warmth of the fire, the mister AND the posting. If you stick to battery power, you'll get a couple of hours and then put it back in the study to recharge.

    The inside of that chair scares me.

    A lot.

    It's very pretty fabric though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And, the best part about that piece of excellent advice is that I work just 5 minutes (by car) up the road from Ikea, where tomorrow I shall stop off, and buy said laptop table. Thanks AJ!

    The chair is being built using 'traditional' methods, which means that any chair older than about 30 years is probably made the same way, and you're currently sitting on a basket of coconut fibre & flock. Icky, huh? It'll be nice when it's finished, honest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pouches! And the chair is lookin' good : )

    ReplyDelete

Hello, it's nice to see you! Thanks for dropping in to say "Hi"!