Wednesday 18 July 2012

Making it right...

Here's a record, Gentle Readers, three in one day.  What's the connection?  Not at work, I'm thinking, and therefore not knackered, and able to think of other things.  I even cooked dinner last night using fresh vegies.  Wow.


Anyway, you know that I might have been feeling just a tad, a really small tad, guilty about the purchase of the Singer Heavy Duty machine before I sold the Industrial machine, but then, on Sunday night (note:  still feeling crap, but I said I'd deliver, so I had to deliver), I got to use The Seaminator (maybe I should just call him Arnie, and the other one Danny?) to fix MBF Deb's work pants, and all my guilt fled.


I hate doing repairs, Gentle Readers, it's one of those things my mother drilled into me at a very young age - don't admit to being able to do repairs, or people will be bringing their crappy jeans from far and wide, and you'll never get to make anything you want to:



Anyway, Deb's lovely Ma, the gorgeous Clare, did a patch on this particular pair of crappy jeans some time ago, but it was starting to show its age... Could I help?  

Well, it was a good test of both my skill, and the capacity of the machine.  After a bit of thinking, I decided the safest way to do it would be to split the side seam, fix the patch, then restitch the side seam.  Easy!









Good as new.  That'll be $60, thanks.

That's it for now.  I can feel a nap coming on, before I get started on tonight's dinner, sausage and mash with pumpkin.  Mr Golightly doesn't know what's hit him.  

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Thank goodness I have a kitchen again so I can bribe you with amazing pies and pizza to mend my favourite tick repelling jeans. Although they failed today as I have a huge lump at the back of my head where a tick buried in and injected me with plenty heap big poison. Yes I know what your thinking.. She doesn't wear her jeans on her head anymore however a good bush regenerator spends many hours upside down so.,, yes anyway I love my new patched favourite Levi's Muchous gracious mbf

    ReplyDelete

Hello, it's nice to see you! Thanks for dropping in to say "Hi"!