So, Gentle Readers, we're home. We had a good flight from Rome to Hong Kong, and a great flight from Hong Kong to Sydney, especially after the 10 hour sleepover we had had in Hong Kong, which made a huge difference to our jetlag status - that is, none.
These photos were taken at various points over the holiday - the first one is a bunch of guys we came across round the corner from where we stayed the second time we holidayed in Rome - when we were there, this was a single table & two very dishevelled looking guys - now it's a whole community of, interestingly, only men. The guy in the maroon scarf had a minder sitting on the scooter to the right, and was eyeing me as I was taking the pictures. I didn't get too close.
This little number was by some guy called Michaelangelo. He has a bit of a future, I think.
Part of the recovered items from the Roman Forum - absolutely gorgeous.
I didn't buy any fabric. Can you believe that? However, I did buy:
- Red handbag #7 (gift for my lovely Ma)
- Red handbag #8
- Mystery gift for MGF Kaz
- Red wallet
- Several leather key rings, from a fabulous shop where they were actually sewing the items on the premises, with the industrial sewing machine set up right there in the shop - my question "Fatto in casa?" was given an emphatic answer, "no, fatto qui!"
- A very cute little red leather coin purse (yes, for me)
- Some cosmetic specials for my SIL's
- A gorgeous set of three Furla leather pouches and keyring for my lovely MIL
- A red (yes, yes, I know) Furla keyring for me
- A beautiful surprise for Miss Nelly (because I know she reads this)
- A leather wallet and an ipod case for Master H
- Some fantastic handmade writing paper embossed with the letter 'D'
- Mini-calendars for 2013 for my team
- Absolutely no Pope fridge magnets - not one to be found in Rome. And yes, I did look.
It's nice to be home.